Running & Yoga Retreat in San Miguel de Allende
High in the mountains of central Mexico, San Miguel de Allende is a jewel of
Spanish Colonial architecture, a place of cobblestone streets and
picturesque church domes, colorful walls, and breathtaking hillside views. San Miguel is one
of the most enchanting cities in the Americas.
In October 2012, San Miguel was named #1 city in Mexico by Conde Nast Traveler magazine’s Readers’ Choice Awards. It was also named one of the Five Best Places in the World to Visit by the readers of Travel & Leisure magazine. In 2008, it was designated a Unesco World Heritage Site.
San Miguel sits at about 6,500 feet above sea level which is great for Altitude Training but be prepared to acclimate slowly with easy hikes. San Miguel enjoys a moderate year-round climate.
- Daily hikes (runs ... maybe) in the hills around San Miguel (5-15 miles/day depending on your level of fitness; with rest days)
- Daily Yoga practice
- Authentic Mexican cuisine
- Opportunity to horseback ride and mountain bike
- Cultural exploration trips to hot springs, ranches, waterfalls, and more
Step 1. Fill out Registration Form as soon as possible.
Step 2. Submit your Deposit of $500 or Full Payment below. If you prefer to pay with any major credit card by phone, please call 781-296-6249.
Step 3: Get our Confirmation Email before you make any Air Flight reservations.
We need a minimum of 6 participants to run this retreat. In the unlikely event of retreat cancellation, your full payment will be refunded.
Note: $500 of your deposit is non-refundable. 50% of the remainder is refundable up until 30 days before the start date of the retreat.
Serving the international community for over a decade, LifePath Retreat Center offers
guest rooms, healing modalities and classes in a setting of incomparable
beauty and serenity. 300-year old Spanish Hacienda and beautiful courtyards are part of the property. All rooms have beautiful views, a king size bed (makes into two
twins, if needed), private bath, private patio, and Wi-Fi throughout the
LifePath is a three-minute walk from the Jardin, which is the center of San Miguel de Allende.
In addition to the numerous learning and
healing opportunities at the Center, they also have wonderful hot springs
just outside of town.
Included on the Tour
- Lodging for 7 nights at LifePath Retreat in the center of San Miguel de Allende
- Transportation from and back to airport
- Three meals per day (delicious vegetarian; *Note: on day trips lunch is at your own expense)
- Daily running or hiking trips to explore the surrounding areas (5-15 miles/day)
- Daily yoga classes
- Transportation for day trips to hot springs, and surrounding areas
- Running Clinic on safe body mechanics and injury prevention
- Running Treks T-shirt
- Airfare and lodging prior to the trip
expenses for gifts, snacks, lunches during outings, tea and coffee,
alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, and mineral water
- Fees for optional workshops and for sessions with practitioners at LifePath
- Medical expenses in case of any emergency or injury
What to Bring (more detailed list after registration)
- Valid Passport
- Trail Running shoes (required)
- Second pair of running shoes (recommended)
- Light clothing for running and hiking outdoors (required)
- Thermal/warm sweater, pants, and hat for cooler temps at high elevation (recommended)
- Light backpack for long hikes (required)
- Water bottle with belt (required)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat or visor (recommended)
- Wrist watch with GPS for tracking mileage and pace (recommended)
Rate Monitor (recommended; unusually high heart rate signals illness,
injury, or dehydration, and the time to slow down or stop)
General Day-to-Day Itinerary (detailed itinerary will be emailed to each participant before the start of the trip)
Prior to the start of the Tour:
are strongly encouraged to arrive to San Miguel de Allende at least 1 day
before the Tour begins in case of any travel delays and to acclimate
- Recommended Lodging in San Miguel will be emailed to Registered Participants
Day 1 (Sunday, Jan 17)
- Meet the rest of the group at 11am at LifePath Center
- Orientation and introductions (11am-12pm)
- Check in, and Lunch
- Tour of San Miguel
- Free time
- Yoga class/Meditation
- Group Cultural Briefing, discussion of our Itinerary for the week, running and injury prevention
Days 2 - 7 (Monday - Saturday, Jan 18-23)
- 7:30am - Morning
Run in the park, or we'll drive out to the surrounding trails - warm up together, break into 2 groups, Group 1: experienced
runners (longer run), Group 2: beginner runners and hikers (shorter run
- Stretching session
- 9am - Breakfast
- 10:30am - Free time or Day trip
- 11:30am - Yoga Class (when not on Day trip)
- 1pm - Lunch at the Center or in town (lunch outside of the Center is not included)
- 2-5pm - Day Trip with free time to explore San Miguel (or another locale) as a group and on your own
- 5:30/6pm - Yoga Class (if back in time from Day trip; Note: there will only be 1 yoga class per day)
- 7:30pm - Dinner
- Group discussion/Meditation
Day 8 (Sunday, Jan 24)
- 7/8am - Morning Run or Yoga Class (optional)
- 9am - Breakfast
- 11am - Farewell to Hosts
- 12:30pm - Airport Drop Off (if needed)
San Miguel de Allende Retreat Guide: Slava Kolpakov