Running & Yoga Retreat at Mancos, Colorado, High Altitude Running Camp
At almost 8,000 feet in elevation, Mancos, Colorado is the ideal place to
train for distance runners. This high altitude training center is part of
The Mancos Project, which is that area's running club.
The Center is perfect for athletes trying to "gain the edge". Or perhaps you just want to sit back and enjoy nature. This is the place for both!
Brush shoulders with Olympians, professional runners, and maybe make lifetime friends in the process.
The center is located close to many great trails and dirt roads. There is also a track in Mancos for workouts. The Mancos center is ideal for athletes looking for a high altitude training
runs or hikes on trails (3-12 miles/day)
- Daily Yoga practice
- Healthy Food provided by a local catering company Zuma
- Day trips to explore other natural areas and attractions
- Running form clinic as well as access to other athletic experts in nutrition, sports massage, and cross training
Step 1. Fill out Registration Form as soon as possible to let us know you are interested.
Step 2. Submit your Deposit of $300 to hold your spot or Full Payment below. If you prefer to pay with a major credit card by phone, please call 781-296-6249.
Step 3: Get our Confirmation Email before you make any Air Flight reservations.
We need a minimum of 6 participants to run this retreat. In the unlikely event of retreat cancellation, your full payment will be refunded.
The facilities at the Mancos Center can accommodate up to 30 athletes at one time. Between the bunkhouse and three rustic cabins, they make your stay comfortable
The bunkhouse is dorm-style with bunk beds and a common area which can be used for yoga practice. There is one single room with a queen bed which can be used as single occupancy. The luxury cabins can each sleep up to 6 people but can also be reserved ahead of time for a single person. Comfortable and all wood interior and exterior.
There is running water and electricity at all of the
accommodations. Showers and full bathrooms are plentiful.
is a commercial kitchen with an outdoor BBQ! Throw in the ponds
and endless dirt roads/trails, and you have yourself an amazing training
We also have access to neighboring weight room
facilities ten minutes away. In addition, we have access to two tracks
that are nearby. One is dirt and the other is a modern rubber surface.
Included on the Retreat
- Lodging for 7 nights
- Transportation to and from airports: Durango and Cortez airports
- Two/Three meals per day (mostly vegetarian; *Note: on day trips lunch is at your own expense)
- Daily running or hiking to explore the amazing outdoors (2-12 miles/day)
- Daily yoga classes
- Running bio-mechanics coaching (if needed)
for daily adventure trips (National Parks, Durango, and possibly Taos, NM)
- Running Treks T-shirt
- Airfare and lodging before the trip begins
- Personal expenses for gifts, snacks, lunches during outings, tea and coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks, and mineral water
- Medical expenses in case of any emergency or injury
What to Bring (more detailed list after registration)
- Trail Running shoes (required)
- Second pair of running shoes (recommended)
- Dry wicking, light clothing for running outdoors
- Water bottle with belt (required)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat for running (required)
- Wrist watch with GPS for tracking mileage and pace (recommended)
General Day-to-Day Itinerary (detailed itinerary will be emailed to each participant before the start of the retreat)
Prior to the start of the retreat:
are strongly encouraged to arrive to Durango, CO or Cortez, CO at least 1 day before the
Retreat in case of any travel delays
- Recommended Lodging in Durango/Cortez will be emailed to Retreat Participants
Day 1 (Sunday)
- Meet the rest of the group at 10am in Durango in the lobby of a hotel (location to be announced to Registered Participants)
- Orientation and introductions (10-11am)
- Depart to Retreat Location, at 11am
- Arrive, Check in, and Lunch
- Tour of the Running Camp and the surrounding areas
- Free time
- 5:30pm - Yoga class/Meditation
- 7pm - Dinner
- Group meeting, discussion of our Itinerary for the week, running and injury prevention
Days 2 - 7 (Monday - Saturday)
- 7:30/8am - Morning Run - warm up together, break into 2 groups, Group 1: experienced runners (longer run), Group 2: beginner runners and hikers (shorter run or hike)
- Stretching session
- 9am - Breakfast
- 10:30am - Free time or Day trip
- 11:30am - Yoga Class (when not on Day trip)
- 1pm - Lunch at Camp or in town (lunch outside of camp is not included)
- 2-5pm - Free Time or Day Trip with free time to explore on your own, or stay at the Camp
- 5:30pm - Yoga Class (Note: there will only be 1 yoga class per day)
- 7pm - Dinner
- Group discussion/Meditation
Day 8 (Sunday)
- 7am - Morning Run or Yoga Class (optional)
- 8am - Breakfast
- 9am - Farewells and Depart to airport
- Airport Drop Off
Retreat Leader: Slava Kolpakov